- Intoxicated Florida driver pleaded guilty to manslaughter, then sues victim he killed.
- Michigan woman files $5million suit for the leftover gas in her repossed car.
- 13-year-old Little Leaguer sued by spectator who got hit with baseball.
- Maximum security inmate who went to jail with five teeth sues prison.
- Anheuser Busch sued for longneck bottle used as weapon in bar fight.
- National Football League fan sues Dallas Cowboys over hot bench.
- California restaurateur sued for disabilities act violations in parking lot he doesn't own.
- Colorado man wins $7million blaming illness on inhaling microwave popcorn fumes.
- $1.7 billion suit claims city of Santa Monica wireless parking meters causing health problems.
- Bay Area parents sue school after their son was kicked out of honors class for cheating.
Friday, March 8, 2013
Most Ridiculous Lawsuits of 2012
Our society is based on rules and laws that help protect the innocent and provide a means to right a wrong that has occurred. In some instances our society becomes overly litigious and begins to use the system for personal gain rather than retribution. Who is to determine whether or not a lawsuit is being used for the purposes of personal gain? In some instances you can just tell, here is a list from the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform's:
Posted by National SIU